Can you guess?
This variant is currently sold out
Name: Can You Guess
Description: A fun interaction game that develops self- confidence, language and vocabulary skills while teaching children the social skills of working together
Details: 18 Sound Cards, 18 Action Cards, 10 Performance Cards, 1 spinner, 4 jigged scoreboards, 24 star tokens
Age 4years – adult; 3-4 players; smallest piece size (star token)
Skills for Success:
- I can understand and name pictures and symbols
- I can make the sounds and mime actions that match pictures e.g. the sound of a ticking, pretending to hoover the floor
- I can learn to communicate without words
Core Vocabulary: action words (tossing a pancake) sound words( frog croaking) more unusual words/nouns – microphone, dinosaur, ballerina, playing tennis, pirate
- Extending the child’s knowledge by talking about what a pirate/ballerina does/wears/uses
- Play ‘Can You Guess ?’ but this time use words e.g ‘It’s someone who has a patch over one eye, and sails on the sea The flag on his ship is called a ‘Jolly Roger. Children must WAIT until the person talking has finished. Good for learning about not interrupting !