Pictologue Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Pictologue Ltd may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 2014.
What information we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website.
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service, enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- store information about your preferences
- speed up your searches
- recognise you when you return to our site.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What we do with the information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes using the email address which you have provided, although you are not obliged to respond to them.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is protected. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to prevent unauthorised access and to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Pictologue Limited of PO Box 880, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 9DN (registration number Z3524790).
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the data controller at the aforementioned address.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.